EIC Challenge for a Cause - Mt Kilimanjaro

EIC Challenge for a Cause - Mt Kilimanjaro

Fundraiser: Mark David Ward

My page: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MarkDavidWard

The Electrical Industries Charity is looking for 25 enthusiastic, passionate and fit trekkers to climb Mount Kilimanjaro and support research into a rare form of cancer and provide financial assistance to a Northern Ireland family.

The charity is aiming to raise £100,000 by February 2017 - its largest fundraising challenge. This money will help the family of Christopher Hendrie who died from the rare bile duct cancer.

The life of Christopher and his family changed in just 10 days in August.

On August 25, 2014 Christopher and his wife found out they were expecting their third child. But on August 28, 2014 he fell sick with a mystery illness. On September 5, 2014, Christopher was diagnosed with an extremely rare form of cancer, cholangiocarcinoma. Nine weeks later, on October 31, 2014, Christopher passed way in the Mater Hospital, Belfast, following nine weeks of radiation and chemotherapy, with his wife by his side. He was 32 years old. Due to his existing genetic autoimmune disease, Christopher wasn’t eligible for life insurance. For his family the repercussions of Christopher’s loss confront them daily. To help lift this heavy burden, many industry representatives, his friends, team-mates and family have been joining together to cover the expensive costs associated with the loss of a loved one. The goal of this fundraiser is to raise £100,000 - 10% of the funds will go to Cancer Research UK and the remaining 90% to the Hendrie family. By joining this incredible adventure, you’ll raise funds to ensure the Hendrie family get the financial assistance they need and critical funding will go into the research we need to find a cure.

Hi, thanks for visiting our page. Through Virgin Money Giving, you can sponsor us and donations will be quickly processed and passed to charities. Virgin Money Giving is a not for profit organisation and will claim gift aid on a charity's behalf where the donor is eligible for this. We really appreciate all your support and thank you for any donations.

OUR ACCREDITATIONS